Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Brattleboro at Night


Last night Don and I went to the Martin Luther king Jr. service at Center Church. It was a wonderful service and it was such a mild a beautiful night that we decided to walk around downtown Brattleboro and take some photos of the “city lights". Some of them would make great paintings and I plan to experiment with doing some silk paintings of a couple of them .  



























 






































































Back in the studio today I am continuing to work on a pastel that I started yesterday, it was an idea that came to me after watching a news clip on Haiti. It is an expressive piece that is roughly drawn with lots of emotion so I want to get right back to it while I am still feeling the rawness I felt when I saw the photos on the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment