Sunday, January 21, 2018

Free Time Lapse Painting Video in My Art Journal, "Two Sisters"

I uploaded a new time lapse video of the "Two Sisters" art journal spread being painted.  This spread was inspired by a painting of the same name done by André Derain in 1913. I loved creating this painting because I am so drawn to his artwork lately and it was really fun both imitating him yet incorporating my own artistic style as well.

I learned that André Derain was a French artist and sculptor born in 1880 and he died in 1954. He and Henri Matisse were the founders of Fauvism. He was also friends with Amedeo Modigliani.
You can view more of his art here: André Derain
You can learn more about Modigliani here: Amedeo Modigliani

Let me know what you think of the video. I would be grateful if you gave it the "Thumbs up" on YouTube if you like it. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment