Friday, May 25, 2012

Imagine That!

The more I study the principles of using the name of God, "I AM", to manifest healing in my life the more aware I am becoming of the deluge of negative thoughts that flood my mind everyday. In Wishes Fulfilled Wayne Dyer uses the analogy of taking your money and going out on a big shopping spree. Sounds fun right? What if when you got home and emptied out your shopping bags you realized that you absolutely hated everything you bought? That would be insane right! But that is what we all do with our thoughts all day. We tend to get stuck on the thoughts and images of what we don't want instead of focusing our imaginings on manifesting what we do want. If I had a penny for every time thoughts like; "I don't feel good", "I hate being sick", "this pain is killing me", "I can't do anything anymore"  went through my brain I would be a lot richer that WayneDyer is right now ;~) 


The "I AM Discourses" proclaim: 
"If an individual were to see a rattlesnake coiled, would he walk right up to be struck? Certainly not! Yet this is what students are doing when they let their attention turn back to their troubles. Such habits are only past momentum given a specific quality.
There are only two activities in Life, and if you will not let the Inner govern according to Its plan of Perfection, then the outer must. When a constructive picture is flashed to your mind, it is a reality. When you recall it as a mental picture and hold it again, it calls forth the reality. One can become so aware of his own God Presence that at any time he can see and feel Its Radiance pouring out to him.
For things it does not want, the outer has all the confidence in the world. It is up to the student to compel it to have the same confidence for the Perfection of God that it has for the imperfection of the senses.
~Godfre Ray King

Since I have been reading books like "Wishes Fulfilled", "The Moses Code", "The "I AM" Disclosures" and  The “I AM” Quotes" of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, I have been guarding  my thoughts much more carefully. Whenever I feel my self slipping into old patterns of negative thinking I call on the Great "I Am, That, I Am" presence within me to bring forth that which I truly desire. "I AM" in Perfect Health", "I AM" at Peace,  "I AM" Loved", "I AM" Safe". It is the most powerful practice I have ever done and I have seen immediate results. 


"If you would like to accomplish something you must first expect it from yourself. Everyone of you are a spark that can grow until you recognize that you truly are divine beings. Because in every moment of your life you have this choice, you can either be a host to God or a hostage to your ego. It's your call."
 ~ Wayne Dyer



May you take time to celebrate the quiet miracles that seek no attention
May you be consoled in the secret symmetry of your soul
May you experience each day as a sacred gift woven around the heart of wonder
May you have joy and peace in the temple of your senses

Mere Raam ~ My God
This is from Snatam Kaur's ~ Ras ~ CD

No comments:

Post a Comment