Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Painting Happy Despite Relapse

Well, despite doing everything right, diet, meds, supplements, positive outlooks, prayer, and all that good healing stuff I am having a relapse again. For the last few weeks I have had intense pain in my hands and no feeling at all in my fingers when I wake up in the morning. Also having pain/weakness related mobility issues again. I am so swollen all over I look like I am on steroids, like a big puffy marshmallow. Yesterday my Dr ordered the CD57 test...thinking the Neurological Lyme is acting up again. It is so strange because when I touch my fingers to my face or arm they are so numb that they do not feel like part of my body, they feel corpse like. 


I am using every moment of creative time in the studio as a prayer of gratitude that I am still able to create art! Thank you God for the awesome gift of my ongoing ability to create! I think the 2 whimsical scarves I have been working on this week perfectly reflect the joy I feel at still being able to work in the studio.


Detail of Wild Flowers

Detail of Wild Flowers 
Hubby cracking me up while taking photos


Such a happy scarf!

All those crazy flowers gotta make you smile!

Very Veggie and Wild Flowers hanging on the line waiting to be steamed

6 comments:

  1. You are a wonderfull creative person who dispite all your challenges is able to look on the bright side. Your a role model for others who have challenges similar to you or who live with chronic pain every day (I have fibromyalgia and pain and numbness on right side). I love how your able to funnel your creativeness into being productive and helping your spirits to be happy. I've started painting again with watercolors and it has really helped me not to focus on the pain that I live with.
    Sending you prayers for healing and good vibes.
    Rebecca R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for you response Rebecca. So sorry that you struggle with chronic issues also. I am beaming you healing energy from my sunny studio today!
      Be well,
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Oh, Linda.... What a struggle! I have no advice, just a sigh... and am also grateful that you can continue your beautiful work and that you make the effort to share with the community at large. I send you healing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being so sweet. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess ;~)

      Delete
  3. I'M SO SORRY YOU ARE HAVING SUCH HEALTH PROBLEMS BUT LOOK AT YOUR BEAUTIFUL SMILE! YOU ARE COURAGEOUS. I SEE YOU DO NOT STRETCH YOUR WORK ON A FRAME. I AM NEW TO SILK PAINTING AND WONDER HOW YOU DO IT BY LAYING ON CLOTH? RENA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never know if anonymous posters get my replies so I would love it if you let me know if you get this. I painted these with Dupont dyes that were thickened with Sodium Alginate. I have a special table top that I use fro screen printing that is made of foam insulation. The insulation is covered with felt and that is covered with removable/washable muslim. I pin the silk to this table top and paint on the thickened dyes. After that I throw the cover cloth in the wash and reuse it over and over again.

      Delete