Friday, March 9, 2012

Neutrals Art Cloth, Inspired to Quit Expo

Watching the Inspired to Quilt Expo on my laptop while working in the studio

I have been watching the Inspired to Quilt Expo online the last couple of days while working in the studio on my laptop. 9 of the top quilters in the industry are interviewed and give a mini lesson  over a 3 day period. Ya gotta love today's technology. I was working with thickened dyes so I felt pretty safe having my laptop on my work surface.

I am continuing to add layers to my neutrals on silk. Some have been steamed 2 times and are waiting for their 3rd steaming.  Lots of very subtle layers building upon each other. The silk is still stiff in the photos below because of all the layers of alginate print paste. They will soften up and become "silky" again after steaming and rinsing. I am thinking of adding stitch to these when I am finished adding layers.
This was after adding the first layers, steaming and beginning to add more layers

A few more layers added and ready to be steamed again

Still stiff before steaming the silk will soften up and regain it's shininess after steaming and rinsing

I am thinking of doing some discharge work on this after steaming

I am thinking of doing some discharge work on this after steaming

Detail of the last piece before steaming

No comments:

Post a Comment