Monday, February 27, 2012

Stretching Screens for Screen Printing, Crochet Plastic Bags, Collage 7

We had our last class on crocheting with plastic bags the other night and were learned how to finish up our bags with handles. Here is a photo of my finished plastic bag tote. Here is a link to the post that has photos of the various steps: Crocheting With Plastic Bags

I spent yesterday afternoon mixing up print paste with alginate and urea and  stretching curtain sheering over wooden frames to make screens for screen printing on silk. Today I need to tape them up with Gorilla tape. The Gorilla tape works better than the Duct tape, I am told, because it is instantly waterproof where as with Duct tape you need to wait 24 hours before using the screens after taping. Being the impatient artist that I am that is one huge plus!

Such a lucky gal to have a hubby that makes the wooden frames and varnishes them for me!
 Stretching the curtain sheering over the wooden frames. It has been so long since I have made new frames that I forgot to angle the staples on the first one so I hope it holds!

The tools of the trade. I love my little hammer for banging the staples in nice and flat.


 Day 7,  Collage 7

No comments:

Post a Comment