Saturday, February 25, 2012

Block Printing on Silk With Resistad & Day 5 Collage


I added another layer of block printed images to my silk art cloth yesterday. I used Resistad colored with Dupont French dyes to do the block printing then steamed for an hour and a half in the horizontal silk steamer.

For those of you that would like to learn more about Resistad here is an article I wrote back in 2006v about it: Resistad Article and here is the link to the Procolour website where you can contact John Mitchel the inventor of Resistad Procolour Website There is also a ver informative article on Resistad on the Silk Pinting Network




Day 5, Collage 5...dropped it after gluing and the whole thing shifted position. The Universe must have decided it needed to be other than it was.
 

1 comment:

  1. Linda this is very interesting stuff. Please allow me to pick your brain further down the road.

    ReplyDelete