Monday, January 19, 2015

My Mind Longs for the Vision



“My mind longs for the vision of the Guru's sacred blessing. It cries out like the thirsty songbird for the nectar of your name. My thirst is not quenched, and I cannot find peace until I receive the blessing of the beloved saint. I give myself and my soul for your blessing, my beloved teacher. Your presence is so beautiful, and the sound of your words (shabd) so filled with inner wisdom. It has been too long since this rain bird has had even a glimpse of water. Blessed is the land where you live, my true friend and loved one, my Divine teacher. I give myself and my soul to my beloved Divine Guru. An instant away from you brings darkness. When will I meet you, my venerated teacher? I can't endure this night, sleep eludes me until I enter your abode, my beloved Guru. I give myself and my soul to your true home, my treasured Guru. By good fortune, I met my Saint Guru and I have found that the immortal creator is within my true home, my own self, and so I will always serve you and never be separated from you even for an instant. Says Naanak, I'm your slave, my beloved Lord. I give myself and my soul. Servant Naanak lives to serve you.

*SHABD HAZARAY: This shabd, found in the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, was written as letters between Guru Arjan and his father, who was also his spiritual teacher, Guru Ram Das. It is beautiful poetry that expresses the pure love between a father and his son, a teacher and his student.”

Credits as listed by iBooks: Excerpt From: Karan Khalsa, Ramdesh Kaur and Yogi Bhajan. “Kundalini Transformation Kit: Yoga and Mantras for a Whole Heart (Healing the Heart and Bringing Love to Your Life).” iBooks. 

Available here: Spirit Voyage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment