Thursday, January 22, 2015

Buchca Brewin', 23andMe & New Meditation Links


I have been waking up between 2:00 & 3:00 AM with a cough and end up having to get up so I won't keep Don awake. Yesterday I was exhausted again so I slept on and off all day and had to miss the autoimmune/nutritional support group. That bummed me out but I was completely paralyzed by fatigue so I knew driving was not at all an option.

Today is day 3 of my 11 day meditation using the chant at this link: Mera Man Loche – Meditation to Heal the Wounds of Love. It takes about 55 minuets to do it the full 11 times. So far I am finding it very beneficial. I am glad I have the album, "The Nectar of the Name", with this specific mantra combination on it because it makes it so much easier to follow. 
Yesterday I used a mediation from the  Meditation Oasis podcast for my second, afternoon meditation. The have tons of meditations on any subject you can imagine so I subscribed to their podcast. This is a link to the one I used Resting in the Source . I fell asleep about halfway through, it was wonderfully relaxing. For my 3rd and final meditation of the day, after I went to bed, I used a meditation called "Connecting to God" from the Cd called Heart Meditations it was very soothing and I slept well afterwards. 
Homemade Bone Broth
Food has been a disaster the last couple of days because I am too fatigued to cook or even have the forethought to thaw and prep already cooked meats into meals. I did manage to eat some Beef Liver Paté and homemade chicken broth from locally pasture raised  chickens. But I also was desperately craving carbs so I made up a batch of Pamela's Gluten Free biscuits (a no-no on AIP) and ate a couple smeared with that liver paté. It did help the liver go down more easily. 


My 23andMe kit arrived today. I haven't read the instructions yet but am thinking I will have it done and ready to send back out on Monday. Even thought the government is no longer allowing them to send you the health related genetic translations you still get the raw data and there are other sites online where you can upload the health data to have it translated. My hope is that it will give me a better handle on my MTHFR, SNPS and such. You can find out more about the test here: 23andMe




My kombucha is 10 days old today and has a very healthy new SCOBY floating at the top. I did the first taste test but it is still too sweet and needs more time. I am really glad it does need more time because I had no energy to bottle it today. I will do a whole post on my kombucha making experience at some point but for now here are a couple of photos of my first batch. The new SCOBY is the white rubbery layer at the top and the old SCOBY, (or Mother), has traveled down to the bottom of the jar. Perhaps she needed some privacy ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment