Thursday, June 26, 2014

Empty Nests and Weaving Nests

All this talk of tension in weaving on the "Considering Weave" group forum had me thinking about tension in nature today. The raven chicks have fledged their nest in the quarry down the road and the woods surrounding our house are filled with the raucous caws of their frantic parents trying to keep track of their, now spread out, brood. Mama and Papa raven seem to be quite tense now that the babies are flying about on their own. Listening to them my thoughts turned to their now empty nest perched on the cliff in the quarry and how birds are one of natures most adept weavers. So this evening I considered weave by gathering twigs and weaving myself a nest. Even my husband joined in the nest weaving fun. It was trickier than I thought it would be. 






2 comments:

  1. Putting the birds out of business, or at least, adding to the housing/nesting stock! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete