Sunday, June 22, 2014

Ember & I, Considering Weave with Jude Hill

I'm enrolled in Jude Hill's "What if Diaries" and the subject is considering weave. I have been really excited for this group to start because my creative well has been dry for a long time. That and the fact that I am not a weaver at all made me think that this could stir up some creative excitement for me.

Sp tonight I was considering weave, using small twigs I rescued from the fire as a frame, which was tricky enough because I don't have a clue how to weave lol. I set my piece down for a moment to go in the house and when I came back out my collie Ember was considering my weave as well......the way most dogs consider things, in her mouth. It was in pretty bad shape when I retrieved it from her mouth but I am continuing on with it. Treating it as if that collie mauling were an important part of it's coming into creation. After all isn't it our imperfections that make us all so beautifully unique and true. 

The photos were taken at dusk with my phone so they are poor quality but I think you will se the humor. 




No comments:

Post a Comment