Monday, January 30, 2012

Steaming Silk & Studio Assistants (of the Furry Persuasion)

I steamed 4 silks yesterday to set the Resistad resist that I used on them and took some photos of the process.
Rolling the silk between sheets of framers paper in preparation for the steamer

The roll of 4 resisted silks ready for the steamer. You can see my 2 silk steamers in the background.

Loading the roll into the steamer. Hot, hot, hot......



Unloading the roll of steamed silk 1-1/2 hours later. The roll is extremely hot so I just sort of pull it all apart to let it cool off a bit before handling further.

The steamed silk hanging on the line and ready to have the layers of French dyes applied
My 2 silk steamers and my Garland. Above those hang my silk painting stretchers.

Bilbo Baggins, laying on the floor on the right, is supervising the whole steaming operation from his spot in the sun




Bilbo Baggins is one of my fury studio helpers

Miss Mia or "Momma's Mia" as Don like to call her is my other furry studio assistant

I can't stress enough the importance of having studio assistants of the furry persuasion. These guys are my comic relief when things get stressful and they offer free unlimited cuddle therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment