Thursday, May 12, 2011

What a Long Strange Trip it's Been!

Wow it has been a month since I have written a blog post so I am not even sure where to start. After a long period with a really bad A.S. inflammatory flare I seem to be improving again. Slowly but steadily I am getting my strength back and am able to go for walks and do more around the house. I still have pretty high pain and fatigue levels so I have not been able to go back to my silk painting yet but I am still holding out hope that one day I will be back at it.

Because I am no longer working in my studio every day it was becoming a "drop spot" for all sorts of things and that was getting me really depressed because I am still really hoping to be able to walk in there one day and get back to work. So I had a chat with hubby and he removed all the "stuff" that he had accumulated in there and yesterday I went in and did a small bit of sprucing up. I wasn't able to do much but the little bit I did really made a big difference in how I feel emotionally.  I have also been getting out more, I went to a fundraising event downtown and have been going for frequent short walks and this extra activity is such an incredible blessing. The mild weather has been a balm as well.

Below is a digital painting I did recently called surrender. For about a month my hands had gotten so swollen and painful that I could not even do the digital paintings on my iPad. I would love to get back into the studio to play around with some real paint...soon perhaps!


No comments:

Post a Comment