Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Life's Feeling a Bit Like a Beatles Song These Day's........

The last week has been a week of steady improvement and I am feeling so grateful. I keep thinking of the Beatles song:
"I've got to admit it's getting better
A little better all the time
I have to admit it's getting better
It's getting better
Since you've been mine"

Each day feels incredibly pregnant with possibility. I still have to submit to the fatigue and pain when it comes but I am able to get more done each day in between flares. Yesterday I finished straightening up my studio and after it was done I had wicked pain spasms but I was so overjoyed to see my studio looking so good that I couldn't leave it. Eventually I literally got stuck standing in one spot, frozen with a pain flare, and I had to have Don come in and help me to a chair. It didn't matter though because even just sitting in my studio felt so great.

Last night I did another digital painting in my iPad so my creative juices appear to be flowing again which is awesome! The infection in my arm is healing and although it is still quite painful at times I am able to use it more. I am really dieing to do some real painting in my studio and although I have never been a big fan of acrylic paints I may pull out a dusty old basket I have of them so I can play around a bit with real paint on paper. I have been so grateful for the ability to do the digital paintings while laid up but for me it just does not give me the same release as when I am pushing real paint or dye around on paper or silk.

Here is my latest digital painting. It's called Celestial Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment