Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sketchbook Project Page Spread In Memory of My Dad



















This is a special Sketchbook Project page spread I did in honor of my Dad's Memory. I posted the paragraphs below on my Facebook page in an effort to involve people in a prayer project for the month of October.

 My Dad was born on October 4, 1935. He died on October 22, 1972. He was only 37 years old. My Dad died from a disease that at the time was called Manic Depression. After years of battling his disease and trying numerous medications but finding no relief from the constant pain and suffering he committed suicide. I was 9 my sister was 12 and my brother was 6, and we have never recovered from losing him. He has been gone 38 years and I miss him every day of my life.

I would like to believe with all my heart that someone prayed for him that day, that someone looked into his eyes, saw his sorrow and asked God to be with him on that terrible day. I would like to believe that those prayers brought forth an army of angles sent in his final moments to bring him home to God. I need to believe that Jesus was there waiting for him with his arms spread ready to embrace and heal his wounds.
 I would like you to help me honor the memory of my Dad, Lawrence Philip Eaton, during October. This month when you are at work, or running errands, or doing what ever tasks you need to accomplish look at everyone around you. Really look deeply at the people that cross your path and allow yourself to see them as someone's Mother, Father Son, Daughter, Sister or Brother.  When you see someone that looks burdened or sad pray for them right there on the spot. Send out a heart felt plea to God to reach down and touch that persons life, to lift their burdens and sorrows and to fill their heart with an abundance of love, joy and blessings. Do this for every person that you come across that you believe needs to feel loved today. Send them your love and prayers and you will have taken the first step towards healing them and perhaps the world.

I will be praying for you.

Blessings,
Linda Eaton Marcille

No comments:

Post a Comment