Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Farm Painting Resisted, Hands on ice

I finally got the resist applied to the fall farm silk painting I have been working on. It is sooo.... hot and humid in the studio and the resist was really goopy and sticky. I had a really hard time getting it to behave in the really small tight areas. My  Dr. put me back on antibiotics and they are making me feel crappy so I did not have much patience for rouge resist today.

My hands are really struggling with doing resist work and after I apply resist to a silk painting I find that I have to sit with ice on my hands to get the pain and swelling down. I am really wondering how much longer I am going to be able to do this kind of work.But this one is done, and after it dries I will steam it in the silk steamer for a few hours to set the dye in the resist and to activate the resists holding properties. Then I will put it back on the stretcher and begin applying the layers of dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment