Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Working on Fall and Winter Sketches for Silk Paintings

I have put away the scarf racks and silk screens and today I started working on sketches for my next silk painting. Hard to believe that I need to hurry to get some fall and winter paintings done because it is so darn hot! But it is nearly August and I need to get some new work ready for the upcoming Fall and Winter seasons.
 
Don came home early and snapped some photos of me working on it in my studio. I need to wear the therapeutic glove when I work because the autoimmune disease has wreaked havoc with my hands.
 Well, there it is, the sketch is finished, now I just need to trace it onto the silk and apply the resist and dyes. I always feel a little overwhelmed and under confident at this point. Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment