Thursday, March 8, 2012

Not Enough Hours in the Day

 
 There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day lately. Yesterday while I worked in my studio, mixing up alginate paste and doing some monoprints on silk, I watched the first 3 online presentations in the Inspired to Quilt Expo. There are presentations over a 3 day period by: Anna Hergert, Cara Gulati, Debora Konchinsky, Dorothy Ann Weld, Elsie Campbell, Frieda Anderson
Deloa Jones, Merry May, Linda Ballard, Jess Smith, Lyric Kinard, Teri Tope, Paula Golden. I am looking forward to watching the next 3 presentations today. I am also trying to finish up my taxes but am hugely unmotivated! 

Yesterday the studio smelled like seaweed from mixing up the alginate paste. I normally use the low viscosity but this time I used the high viscosity as recommended by Jane Dunnewold and Kerr Grabowski and it came out way too thick. I guess you need to mix a lot less  of the HV alginate with the urea water than you do with the LV. Today I am hoping to get some more monoprints done on silk.
 
Finally, and most time consuming of all ;~),  I have been adding tabs to my blog. If you look at the bar above my post you will now see there are tabs to additional pages on my blog. One has my bio, galleries, and contact info, another brings you to my silk painting website, but the most exciting one it a online store where you can buy my prints right off my blog!!!! I only got a few prints loaded on because it took me half the night to figure out how to do the whole thing but I will be adding more as time goes on. Very cool feature, stay tuned for more ;~)


No comments:

Post a Comment