Saturday, November 3, 2012

Reflections on Eco Dyeing & Moving Back to the Woods

There has been this incredible shift in my life over the last couple of years. I attribute much of it to the intensely spiritual work I have done with the Brazilian healer John of God and to switching to an all organic whole foods diet. I am finding that so much of what I used to consider important in my life no longer matters as much to me and as I prepare myself to move into the house we have built in the woods I find that my work has taken a soulful turn as well. 

I have so longed to be back in the woods. Moving to town was just not the right thing for me. I have never lived on less than 10 acres and for many years was on 25 acres surrounded by thousands of acres of forest land owned by paper companies in the Northeast Kingdom of VT. Town life was so toxic to me and my autoimmune disease grew worse while I lived here. After spending the summer and Fall building our own house on 36 acres in Westminster, VT Don and I will be moving back to the woods this winter and we are so excited! I have been spending a lot of time on the land while we have been building and on my walks in the woods I have been gathering bits of bark, leaves and other natural gifts. I found my self suddenly drawn to Eco dyeing and Eco printing on cloth. Now that I have started I am hooked. I will post photos below and share more of what I am working on next time. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment