Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Photo of Baby Robins Hatching & Paintings

 Mama Robin in the nest

 
Robins Eggs Hatching
I found a baby cardinal in the road, when I looked up there were a bunch of fuzzy little baby cardinals in the tree above. Mama and papa cardinal were having a fit so I picked him up and put him back in the tree. Then I got home and found the robins outside my studio were hatching. Been a bird day ;~)
Here are some photos of my latest mixed media paintings. The girl with the red hair is a work in progress, need to paint in her hair detail tomorrow.  

4 comments:

  1. U know that since u touched the baby.bird then the parents wont have anything to do with it now, u may also have contaminated the other babys by getting ur scent on them.

    Nice job idiot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nat,
      Thanks for visiting my blog. This post was written back in 2011. The neighbors cat was lurking nearby and the baby bird was in the middle of a busy road with cars passing over him so I put him back in the tree on a branch. He was a fledgling and had left the nest already, all the other babies had fledged as well and were just sitting in the tree branches. He hung around the area all summer and we got to watch him grow. It was a wonderful experience to watch them grow up and fly away. Sorry the post upset you but I assure you he grew into a fine young bird and all was well.
      Be Well,
      Linda

      Delete
    2. Oh, so you didn't put him directly back into the nest ?

      Delete
    3. No, all of the babies had fledged and were no longer in the nest, as a matter of fact the nest was nowhere in sight. I actually posted this a few years ago. I feel badly that my post got you upset enough to call me an idiot but the baby was literally being run over by cars and was lucky it had not been smashed by the tires. I was trying to make a quick decision to do what was best under the circumstances. Luckily it all turned out well for all of the babies as we witnessed over the summer.
      Blessings,
      Linda

      Delete