Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 2-Collage 2, Mounting Silk Paintings, Crocheted Hat

Day 2 collage 2. Had a lot on my plate today so I didn't have a lot of time to spend on my collage but it was still a nice respite from the chaos of the day

 Don measuring the silk for a mounting board, mat and foam core. Thank God I have him to do that part!!!!


 A few followers of my Facebook page have messaged me about this photo and how I mount silk. My hubby made me a tool that sticks through the silk and cotton rag board. It has a wooden handle and a very sharp point. I think he used a sewing machine needle for the point but don't remember. Anyway I use a acid free, double sided, needle point adhesive tape on the edges of the silk to position it on the board. Then I lay the mounted silk/cotton rag board on top of scrap foam core and pierce the edges all around. The foam core allows the punch tool to go through easily. Then I sew through the holes all the way around. After that I apply acid free frames tape all around the edges of the silk. The cotton rag then gets attached to a new piece of foam core and an over mat is applied over the painting




Last but not least here is one of the 3 hats I crocheted for my hubby on Valentines day. He has it on right now as we sit here watching a movie. He loves funky hats!  :~)


1 comment: