Friday, January 23, 2015

Corn For the Squirrels & Birds

It is 2:00 in the morning and I am up again coughing. I'm still fighting this stubborn virus so my fatigue and weakness are still very high. I really wish I could get some quality sleep.

My sister came and cleaned my house yesterday to help me out. She has been doing that every week over for the last 3 weeks and it is a huge blessing. While she was here I ate a gluten free biscuit left over from the ones I made the day before (made with Pamela's gluten free baking mix which is rice flour based). By late afternoon my gut was feeling really funky so that might have been why. 

It was warmer yesterday, around 30 degrees I think, and the birds were singing so it felt like a bit of spring was in the air. I wanted to go for a walk but I felt too weak, and everything is coated in ice, so I just stepped outside on the walk and took some photos of the birds and squirrels near the feeder. We purchased some corn cobs for the squirrels hoping it would get them away from the bird feeder. They were so comical to watch fighting over the corn cobs and trying to drag them away.  

 One of our resident Blue Jays chowing down on the corn

A Pine Siskin watching the squirrels below bicker over corn cobs


This squirrel looks like he is praying. Perhaps he's giving thanks for the corn ;-)


 Looking around to see if anyone else has discovered the "Mana" 
that has fallen from heaven

Trying to drag it away, which he eventually did. 

Today is day 4 of the mantra meditation I am doing using the chant at this link: Mera Man Loche – Meditation to Heal the Wounds of Love. It is repeated 11 times for 11 days and takes about 55 min. 


No comments:

Post a Comment