Thursday, July 3, 2014

Further Along on Bridging Gaps (and a brook break)

I did some more weaving and stitching on my "Bridging Gaps ~ Healing Wounds" piece. I added birch bark to the sides and stitched my warp threads right to the bark. I was pleased with how well the thin strips of bark held up to the stitching.  I think I will add some more embroidery to the outer edges but for now I am moving onto another project inspired by Jude Hill's Considering Weave
group.




 It has been unusually hot and humid here in Vermont. I loathe that kind of heat and my collie, Ember, does too. So we headed down to the brook today to cool off and is was delightful.




My wonderfully quirky girl likes to dunk her long collie nose into the water and blow bubbles. Much to her, (and my), delight she will repeat the process over and over again. Love my furry faced girl!











2 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, and wowee. The sycamores and crepe myrtles are shedding their bark like crazy here. I'll keep bark in mind. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie! It is so exciting when nature flows into one's work so seamlessly and perfectly. I hope I get a chance to see your bark creations!

      Delete