Sunday, May 27, 2012

Placing a Flag on Your Grave



This morning I am thinking about my Dad and the fact that in a graveyard far from my home some stranger will be placing a flag on his grave for Memorial Day. I won't be there to see it, no one from my family will, and this brings a melancholy to my heart. 

There is a place deep within me where I hold you tight and am comforted. I  whisper a secret wish up to God, and ask an angel to deliver a message to you. God touches that place in my heart causing it to stir and answers, "You were never really separated". 

So I am with you, both then and now. Our separation is only an illusion, for still you run through my veins and fill my heart. I am 3, lying in a hammock, listening to your heartbeat and I am 49 guiding the hand of a distant stranger, who may just be an angel, placing a flag on your grave.






"So speak kind to a stranger
Cause you'll never know
It just might be an angel come
Knockin' at your door"






2 comments:

  1. Linda I am sure that he is watching over you, walking with you and helping to carry your burdens. You were his special angel and now he is yours.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan McGuinness GetzingerJune 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

    Beautiful photo of you and your Dad at SUCH a relaxing and lovely moment. SO glad it was captured on film!

    ReplyDelete