Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Star With Your Name Sketchbook Page

It is killing me to be stuck inside with this cast on such an amazingly beautiful fall day. Day's like this make me so incredibly grateful for The Sketchbook Project and the blessed distraction it has afforded me while my ankle heals.

When I was a little girl my Dad took me outside one night and  pointed to a star. He said that it was my star and that whenever I felt sad or lonely all I had to do was look up at my star and remember how much he  loved me. This painting is in memory of my Dad and dedicated to all of you out there that need to be reminded that you are loved. Somewhere out there is a star with your name on it.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely thought....and very good pages for your sketchbook project, what's the theme?
    Hope your ankle heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy, The theme is "Facing Forward" I modified it by adding "Facing Forward, Towards Healing"

    ReplyDelete