Tuesday, June 7, 2011

One Painting Done, Another in the works

















It was cranking hot today so I went out for my walk really early and when I got back I made up a batch of green smoothies in the Vita Mix and headed into the studio. I finished "Twas a Robin Taught me How to Sing" today and started another mixed media painting.You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.

Below is the background. I put a layer of taping compound on the canvas and carved out various textures and shapes. After it dried I coated it with gesso and started to paint the background layers. At this point I had no idea what I would paint on top of it so I just went to town on it.


















Then I started to get a vision for the lady that appears here with the Robin. The saying came to me after the painting was finished.
















Here is the one I started today. I forgot to photo the background after I had finished it. The surface painting came to me right after the background was done so I started to sketch her in with paint. It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment