Monday, August 23, 2010

Matting, Shrink-wrapping & Framing. I Gotta Guy!


I am so lucky to have a husband that helps me out by cutting all of my mats and doing all of my framing! He even builds all of the wooden frames that we use on my silk paintings. I mount and mat the silk but he cuts the mats and then does all the framing work.
 He is also really good at mass production as you can see from these photos of a print order he is framing up for me.
Below is his beloved Fletcher Professional mat-cutter, before this we had an inexpensive Logan and it was a constant battle but the Fletcher is smooth as silk ;~)
The shot below shows my shrink-wrapping machine. We have a portion of our basement dedicated to mating, shrink-wrapping and framing.
 

And here is one of the print orders, for both shrink-wrapped and framed prints, all ready to be packed up and shipped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment