Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hand Stitched Eco Dyed Cloth & New Eco Print Bundles


These first few photos show my Eco Print bundles after steaming. These bundles are filled with the leaves of maple, sage, mint, basil, lavender, and rosemary. Pomegranate skin, onion skins and 2 of the bundles have iron in them. The fabric used was cotton, linen and silk. Mordants included soda ash, alum, copper, and iron on a couple. There is of course tannin from the leaves. I hope I can make myself wait at least a few days before opening them ;-)






The next few photos show some of my Eco dyed cloth collages. I am absolutely loving adding the stitching element to them. It is very meditative and a bit addicting as well.






This last one is a work in progress


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning. I'm truly a follower of your work! I need to force myself to take the next step and start stitching on my eco-dyed pieces. Thanks for the inspiration. (SybilGallor over on the FB page)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KrisR. Yes, just get out your needle and start, it is so addicting and restful that once you start it will just take over and next thing you know hours will have passed!

      Delete
  2. I really like this direction you are going in, Linda! It's so different from your other work (which I also love!) so it will be interesting to see where you take it.

    Happy Thanksgiving! (Your post caught my eye on our Facebook Fan page... :) )

    ReplyDelete