Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Art Quilt Experimentation 1st Attempt


I have been really craving creating something with more texture and more experimental than my traditional paintings on silk. I have long admired art quilts but I am by no means a sewer myself so I never really thought of going that route. However lately the pull has been so strong I decided I want to experiment with some stitches on various pieces of art cloth. I will post some photos of my first experiment in process. It clearly shows me that I need some instruction on the stitching aspect as mine is incredibly sloppy but so far I love doing it.

Last night while Don and I watched a movie I stitched away on my little painting and I found it very relaxing. I did not have a plan in mind for the stitches and that showed up in my work so for the next phase on this piece I think I will try to be a little more consistent in my stitching.

The photo below is my image before I started stitching



In the photo below I have stitched the moon, tree and part of the border outline

Still working on it but clearly need to learn more about stitching. Really enjoying fooling around with it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment